| Pilliga |
Camden | Northern Rivers
| Wollongong |
Metgasco are going to try and force their way into the
Northern Rivers despite overwhelming community
opposition. This is where Australians need to make a defining stand against the
CSG industry. Will you join them?
Bentley Blockade: General Information
All you need to know about how YOU can be involved in the campaign to stop
Metgasco turning Bentley into a Gasfield!
For regular updates go to our
Bentley Blockade Updates page
For the latest action alerts and news stories visit our
To get on the alerts list send a text with your name and mobile number directly
to 0447 399 535
To find out what is needed at camp & where to take contributions of food &
materials call info. tent 0457 629 652
In the event of a police action, here are some guidelines for
you to follow:
• Make sure you have with you a bag with water, food, fully
charged mobile phone and camera, any medications, warm clothes, a sunhat, small
writing pad and pen.
• Please do not bring children to the blockade sites.
• Stay calm, stay with friends as much as possible and look
out for each other.
• Surround the installations linking arms with others if you
feel comfortable, while at the same time moving very slowly (glacially) around
them, if requested by police to move.
• Stay connected to others there by singing songs and making
strong eye contact. Singing relieves stress and keeps the mood softer. Look the
police in the eye but don’t challenge them. Obey their orders, but do it
• If you see someone stressing out, challenging the police,
getting angry, try to defuse the situation without taking risks or antagonising
them. If you are unsure how to do this try to engage a green scarfed peacekeeper
• If you hear a message from one of our police liason people
or Gasfield Free reps, please pass it on to others and decide what you wish to
• Do not bring your dog to Gate A. Dogs can easily get upset.
• If arrested pass your mobile phone with your name and
address on it to another protector
Adhere to Non-Violent Direct Action principles at all times.